The group was established to be able reach out to each individuals of the church who are Friday borns. The Friday borns represents courage, and tis the day the salvation of man was paid for - GOOD FRIDAY. The group engages in many activities to enhance the Catholicism among its members such as Spiritual formation, Cultural, Social, Welfare and Charicitable activities among others.
Local names given to Thursday Borns: Afua, Afia, Afi, Kofi, Fifi, Fiifi, Yoofi
- To serve as an effective means of communication between leadership of the church and the Frday Group
- To provide a platform for discussing and meeting both spiritual and general welfere needs of members
- To provide a cohesive environmment for participating Christian charity and love.
- To foster spiritual growth of its members through the establishment of "praying cells"
- Serve as a takeoff platform for nurturing able bodied youth to serve the church
Meeting Days, Time and Venue
The Friday Group meets on the 2nd Sunday of every month after 1st Mass at the St. Mary room. The group also organises emergency meetings as and when necessary. Executives Meeting falls on ry last Saturdays of the month or whenever necessary
Group Officials Contact
Annual Program Line-Up
- Donations/ contributions to charity work/ Outreach
- Spiritual Retreat/ Talk
- Breakfast meeting
- Family Day Out
- End of Year Party
We humbly welcome all those born on Friday to come and join the group upon registering with the church. All Friday members should make it a duty to attend meetings to promote the welfare and wellbeing of one another. Those who happen to attend mass on a meeting day but are visiting the parish can also come and witness in order to learn a thing or two and spread the Day Group concept to their parishes or other Catholic churches.